Monday, December 15, 2008

Team Toughness




This weekends Sunday ride proved to me that I have the coolest team in the whole land. We met on the like the coldest day ever this past weekend and as most of you know it was wet all morning, with spitting rain and slick streets. It was cloudy, cold, and rainy. Every ingrediant needed to have a revolt of youth riders against their cycling coach to not ride. However the exact opposite happened. We went out on a 25 mile ride and never not once not for a second did I hear a kid complain. Not only that they rode their buts off with two of them clearly having their best rides ever. I love these kids and their efforts and it sure gives me a kick in the pant to do whatever I can to give these guys experieces that last their life times. After the ride was the most fun though. I had all the kids come back to my house and Daniela and I made them all toast and tea. The best part though was when they all huddled under the same blanket at our house in front of the space heater as they tried to warm up and turn their legs back to a reasonable color that was not bright red. Thanks riders it's these efforts and this attitude that keeps me coming back and wanting to work even harder. Also I told you that it is these efforts that will pay off later in the riding season, you guys are way tougher than you think.

No comments: