Thursday, February 19, 2009

I Know, I Know

I know everybody wants to know about how it went. The 24 hour race that is. Well it was the greatest ever. It went as well as wild dreams go. I am so proud it is hard to articulate. I need more time to process how incredible the event was. Also I am waiting on photos and videos to come in from different sources so I can show the team off a bit.

The team was flawless in function. I say that this event takes everything I try to teach the kids and wraps it into a 24 hour time span. We have to have perfect communication, team work, commradery, heart, enthusiasm, and guts and we rose to the task like a levey breaking. We busrt through all expectations and we all came out of this experience different and all for the better.

Every rider impressed me, every parent was incredible in helping, Chad and Daniela were rock stars. There are so many thank yous to go around and I will make sure to get them all out. But it will be tomorrow, give me one more day to wrap my mind around the granduer that ensued and will ramble.

Thanks Team you are Incredible and make me want to work my butt off
Ignacio

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Ignacio, all the coaches, parents and especially each youth rider. I meant it when I said you guys are true heroes to me. I am grateful to get to know each one of you better. Each one of you were challenged in one way or another during the event...it was an honor to see your dedication, teamwork and courage. Ignacio and Daniela you are amazing people. We are all so lucky to have you and El Grupo in our lives.
Kathleen, parent and El Grupo paparazzi.