Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Things are all Better

Thank Goodness they are too. This past weekend on Sunday we went back out the 24 hour course to give it another go. As you remember the last time we went out there we had a catastrophic day where everything went wrong. But I suppose what goes up must come down and this weekend we had the polar opposite day. Everything went perfect. We flew through the course. Everyone was smiling at the end and we even did an extra 5 miles. I am so pumped for the event now. We are going to do great!
Christian and I split the team up into two platoons to give the kids the idea and the feeling of what it is going to be like to ride the course with little stopping and at a race speed. Not only did this idea work we made great time. The group I was with finished 17 miles in 1 hour 45 minutes. I was hoping for 2 hours and if we keep this pace up we have a chance of winning our division again, not that I care but still exciting.
This is my favorite event of the year and I hope the kids love it too. I will be posting much more about the event and all the preperations needed. So please stay tuned.
Thanks Team!
Ignacio

No comments: