Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Skills Clinic This Saturday

As you have seen on your calenders this Saturday we are going to be participating in a skills clinic that is going to be led by the USA Cycling Junior National Team Coach, Barney King. This is a very big deal and I am thrilled that he is taking the time to come down to our town to do this. We should all be very excited about this.

It is going to start at 1pm on the U of A campus. So I am going to ask that all of you meet me at the clubhouse at 12:30 sharp on Saturday. Please come well fed and ready to go.

Team Jerseys are mandatory if you have one and just make sure that everything else is well prepared. I want to meet them on campus on time and looking sharp. So please let's put our best foot forward.

It should last, I am told, about 3 hours so we should assume an end time of about 4pm.

This is going to be something that no matter what your interest in cycling is, it is going to make us better cyclists by virtue of making us better bike handlers. So there is going to be something for everyone here.

This is a huge opportunity for our little start up club and so I am really hoping that all riders and coaches come with a great attitude. I want Barney to see the greatness that I see in this team all the time.

There will then be no practice on Sunday; however, I will make the clubhouse available if anyone would like to pick up their MTB's to go riding on Sunday.

Ignacio

No comments: