Thursday, May 6, 2010

May is here: Upcoming races, outreach, bike tour!!

May is looking just as busy as April - too busy in fact to have our monthly team meeting it seems (Mothers would not be happy with us if we tried for this Sunday!) So we need to communicate a lot of upcoming events and NEED responses from all on some things. Here it goes:

May 8th, Mother's Day: Should we have practice? Please respond if you think you have time to ride up Mt. Lemmon - the TT is in 2 weeks! If you need to spend time with mom, that is OK!

May 16th: State Championship Road Race in Globe, AZ (same course as last year) This will be an early morning, but not as bad as others, just quite HOT! Ignacio will be signing up those who are interested in riding (unless you always sign yourself up) this weekend - if you haven't already, let us know if that is you.

May 22nd: REI Grand Opening, bike valet. El Grupo will be providing bike valet at the new REI store on Saturday. This is a great way for us to make friends, check out the new store, and possibly raise some money. Set up at 8am and we can be out of there by 12. Breakfast is involved. We need at least 4 people if not more to cover this to break up the time.

May 23rd: Mt Lemmon Time Trial: This is a 0 - 12 mile up the hill "race" with 30 seconds in between the person in front of you and another behind you. Lots of fun and pain. Registration is the night before (Saturday) at Lerua's Mexican Restaurant. Ignacio will be going and others can join him if you like.

May 28th - 31st: Luna Lake Bike Tour with GABA. This is an awesome bike tour and we hope that as many El Grupo folks can do this as possible. Beautiful riding, fun camping, good food, low cost. Our GABA "work trade" hours cover the cost of the trip and all we pay for is the food (catered and good!) We ABSOLUTELY NEED TO KNOW if you will be going on this trip ASAP to reserve our spots. We will drive up to Springerville (east of Show Low) on Friday afternoon/evening, ride 3 days, and drive back Monday afternoon/evening. Not a trip to miss, but LET US KNOW!! (oh and a truck carries all your gear so all you have to worry about is pedaling!)

Whew! And that doesn't even count the weekday practices that are still going on to get you ready for all this! May is busy, so please communicate with us so we can make it go smoothly and enjoy it!

9 comments:

Ashley B. said...

I am going on Luna Lake. I am also able to help with the REI bike valet thing.

Ashley B. said...

Oh and I'll probabily go to practice Sunday too, as long as we get back at a decent time.

Lizzy said...

I Would love to come to Sunday practice except, I'm going to hang with my mom instead. Also, I'd like to do Luna Lake but I'm not sure if I'm able to. And I can help with the bike valet I just need to know when and where.

Lizzy

P.S. Mother's day is on Sunday, the 9th. ;)

Marcos said...

I'm down to do all of this except for Luna Lake (I have a previous commitment unfortunately). For the mount lemon practice, I gotta be back by noon.

Pablo said...

I'm cool with everything...see you guys tomorrow.

nathan said...

I'm gonna meet you guys at the base of mount lemon instead of going to the clubhouse first. See you there (at the bottom) between 730 and 745!

Nathan

Max said...

Hey,

I would like to sign up to do all 4 hours of work at REI (I am slightly behind).

Thanks

Logan said...

i will be able to help at the REI thing. i will not be doing luna lake. i am doing the Mt. Lemmon TT. I will meet you (ignacio) to sign up for the TT.

Julia said...

I probably have a conflict with the REI opening and can't go, I'm go so far for Luna Lake.
But I can't make practice on Friday the 14th, sorry.