Monday, November 3, 2008

New Club House!!!

So what is a club house for? Well, to get all the team's stuff out of my house for starters. Tucson has been great to El Grupo the last few years and I have been able to collect quite a bit of bike stuff (jerseys, shorts, jackets, some parts and camping equipement, etc). So I wanted to get this stuff out of my house and in a place where more of the riders could use it and know what they had at their disposal. We also wanted a place for the team to hang out, work on bikes, and meet before and after rides. In the near future I hope to have a mountain bike for every rider and we need a place to store all the bikes and stuff. El Grupo aspires to ride all kinds of bikes and the upcoming 24 hour race is one of the most fun events around. Having 12 riders and 24 bikes, well, my house is just not big enough. I am hoping to let the riders do most of the club house work, organization, cleaning and decorating. The club house is at 6th and 6th in the old Firestone building and we are excited to have it. Please see the next post for a list of our needs.

1 comment:

D Son said...

That would of been an awsome time