Monday, January 5, 2009

Hell Week Update

Well Christmas break has come and gone and so has Hell Week. I attempted at having them practice so much that they would A) come to end of the week stronger than ever and B) tired and worn out and happy to have a day or two off. Well I succeeded with accomplishing A but I think I miserably failed B. Heck when I gave them a chance at a day off they vetoed me and went on a ride anyway. This team is awesome and I have never been more excited to coach. In fact by the end of the week Daniela was "sick" of hearing me say, "That was the best practice ever." Truly every practice built on the one before it and everyday we were having more fun. These kids worked there hearts out everyday of this last week and not once ever did a rider give up. Not in any circumstance. We rode everyday Monday to Friday and then again on Sunday as a team. Most of the team went on a solo ride on Saturday without a coach and ended up going up the back side of Gates pass 3 times. I have never even asked them to do such a thing. Pretty cool that they put together a practice harder than I would make them do. Maybe I should learn something from this.
As for Hell week we went Mountain biking 4 times and rode riding only twice. We did this because I am trying to get the team ready for the 24 hour MTB race in February a race that last year we won the the division of 5 person co-ed team with a combined age of under 150 years old. I do believe that every rider on the team currently is going to be ready for this event. I find it to be the funnest in town and am really looking forward to it.
I want to thank ever rider for their heart and determination of this last week and parents for getting your children to practice. I can't do it without your support. I will post more later about our greatest week ever.
Ignacio

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

El Grupo is the rock-n-ous cycling group ever! As a parent, I love seeing every one's enthusiasm, how everybody supports each other and the dedication. You guys and gals really are the best.