Friday, January 16, 2009

How Fast you are Matters Not!!!

This is something I told the team the other day. I can care less how fast you are. In fact I would be totally happy to coach the slowest team in the whole world as long as they have the work ethic that this team has. The El Grupo team at this moment is making coaching for me the most fun thing in the whole world. Not one complains. Not one whines. Not one doesn't absolutely work there butts off in parctice. And this why I don't care how fast you are. Every one of the riders is out killing themselves working like crazy to catch their friends, to ride fast, to have fun, and to become strong as heck. That's all I ask for is heart, will, determination, and the willingness to work hard. That's what I coach for. To make kids the strongest kids they can be. Not to make the fastest racer in town. But to make kids as strong as they can be. Now that said as hard as these kids are working the results are going to come. Just like last year some of the EL Grupo riders almost won the Tucson Bicycle Classic Cat 5 group. These kids are going to be super fast. The work they are putting in will make sure of this and they make me proud as heck, and proudest when I see them working together and challenging each other yet always finishing sprints and hill climbs with congradulations to the next. I am proud of this team and am thrilled to be coaching these kids. I look forward to the season to come and can't wait to impress town.

Thanks El Grupo
Ignacio

No comments: