Monday, September 28, 2009

State Hill Climb Championship




That's right a race to see who can go uphill the fastest. It took place this past Sunday at Mt. Graham which is just outside of Stafford, AZ. It is the highest mountain in all of Southern AZ and I want to say the second highest in the state.
The race is a mass start affair so everyone leaves at the same time. I do not have many specifics as to how the race went, however I do know the outcome. The boys Kramer, Avery, Max and Logan all competed in the 10 mile event, not the 20 mile event that the "big Kids" ride.

Max and Logan road the tandem again and broke the state record for the Junior 13- 14 boys. They enjoyed their journey but I have heard that it may be their last hill climbing adventure. Well done boys.

Avery rode with his pop all the way to 10, and yes he did it in his favorite racing socks. The candy cane striped ones that reach his knees. Well done!!!

Kramer, well he really put it all together for his one, and right on time. He won the 17-18 boys event and BROKE the STATE RECORD. That's right STATE RECORD HOLDER KRAMER>

I have known for a long time that this young man had special things in him and for him to put it together in a race that counts for so much is just super thrilling for me. I hope this shows him for a long time that hard work pays off and effort is always rewarded.

Well Done Men!!!!! I could not be happier!!!!!!!!!!


Thanks Ignacio

No comments: