Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Rainy Days

Earlier today Daniela and I were talking. We were really talking about how great of team we have and I was explaining to her about how close I feel we are to the next level. Right now we are a team with a great group of kids who have many different cycling passions and desires. We are well on our way to meeting them, heck last week we won every division we entered a racer in except for 2, so 3 out of 5. The two old ladies on the team will soon be realizing their dreams of long distance bike tours and we will soon be making old people look slow in the dirt.

But I guess what gets me sometimes is that I feel like we still leave something on the table. I think their is something more we can all give but are unsure sometimes on how and when to give. If we all expected what we know is in each other every time we got together, I think we could rival the best in the nation. This team is compromised of some pretty talented riders that have accomplished some great things, but still I know there is more.

So I guess I want to put the challenge forth to what ever rider will take it. Challenge: Where is my youth riding captain that will except nothing but the best from every one of their teammates. I want one of you to grab this team by the neck and help make it into something that all of Tucson knows and loves.

I know this can happen.

Why?

Because Ricardo showed up late today for practice, a trainer practice that Hunter designed and led for us, and without even a hesitation put his bicycle in a trainer and asked what we did. I gave him the practice and on his own with no teammate to ride with or to encourage him he started down the path of an hour and a half of pain. He never even thought twice about his choice. I of course commended him on his courage and tenacity to practice though and encouraged him to stay tough. Every rider had left at this time except for one. Ashley. Yet as a brilliant teammate she asked, "Do you mind if I stay here with him and help?".

That right there is what this team is all about. If that same attitude and determination was shown at every turn, well I promise you it would not take long for this team to be recognized by this whole city.

Thanks everyone!!!
Ignacio

3 comments:

Pablo said...

I think you should all check this video out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTAV5XM0OzY

Ricardo, the director, got an award for this video at the loft cinemas and it will play again this Saturday at the Desert Museum!

(sorry about missing practice..but i kinda have a blood clot in my hip to take care of)

Lizzy said...

Dude, Ricardo, that's amazing! Great job!
Lizzy

Kathleen said...

Yeah, Ricardo, Ashley and El Grupo.
All of you are so utterly awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!