Monday, October 18, 2010

Thanks!

Richard thinks Daniela and mine's pancakes are better than Bobo's.

Playing Table Tennis in Spandex is important for proper and effective arm motion.


I suppose this is just a general thanks to all for making this team so much fun.

Why?

Well on Saturday the A and B teams went out and rode the Old Man shoot out and were just fantastic ambassadors for our team. Super polite, road kindly and respectfully, and then beat the pants off everyone to the bridge. Alex Strickland initiated the move and made a break and along went Logan, Nathan and Donovan. The younger boys went 1,2,3 on the bridge all alone, while Alex held for a very respectful showing. Lizzy was also out and almost, almost made it to the bridge. We were within the last mile. D-Son went on his first shoot out and Richard was there to take care of him.

Not what I most proud of though. What did I like best?

Well it was when we got back to the house and everyone immediately started playing with Damiano. They have really taken him on as a little brother and I know he loves it. I really enjoy watching it as well. I want to thank everyone for the time they take to be super great to him, thanks.

Also thanks all for the help with the Swap meet bikes. Hopefully we can make some money off of them for the team. So that way we can have more pancakes after the rides.

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

I love reading this blog, Ignacio. It represents so well what El Grupo is all about. We are definitely family...no doubt.

Another story of heart that some of you may not have heard yet. Some time Saturday morning my monster red Schwinn bike (yeah, that one) was locked but stolen off our porch.
I was very attached to that clunker.

Much to my surprise, by 4pm Saturday afternoon, Ignacio and Logan rebuilt a nice little Giant Iguana commuter bike for me at BICAS. I cried at the thoughtfulness of this. D-son was there also to offer support. The bike was donated by Marcos' mom...Marcos and his dad were there, too. Nathan and Mark were nearby working on Cathy's bike while Donovan was working.

We sure have each others back. Thank you, El Grupo.

Lizzy said...

Kathleen, that is truly a touching story. That makes me think how lucky I am- how lucky all of us are, to be surrounded by such caring people. Thank you, guys.

Lizzy