Tuesday, June 2, 2009

State ChampionshipRoad Race

Sunday June 7th is the day, the place Globe, AZ. The kids start time is 7:35am. So we will have to leave town like crazy early. I have signed up Donovan, Milo, Connor, Kramer, Lizzy, Ashley, and Julia, while Max, Logan and Avery signed up separately. The 13-14 age group kids will ride 18 miles while the older kids will ride 35 miles. The course is very fun a point to point so a to b type of race. It has a great hill to climb much like Gates pass so it makes for an interesting and fun race. I will be driving up early and can take 3 riders in my car that can sleep comfortably. Which means I need help getting four more riders to the event. I can also take four bikes. So I need help for four riders to get there and three bikes. Please let me know if you can help. At practice tomorrow I will ask and see what we cant figure out. Things are great here at the house in our great transition and we doing great. Thanks everyone for the support and I cant wait to ride with you all tomorrow.
Ignacio

5 comments:

Elisa Meza said...

Hey Ignacio, just wondering if I'll be able to sign up for this race, I was unaware, BUT I have not fallen off the face of the earth nor quit! I've just gotten a job and will be unable to make regular week practices. Hope all is well!! I'll see you guys Thursday morning though!

Kathleen & Logan said...

I can take 3 riders and 3 bikes.
I know Nelson and company is driving up too and they can take one extra bike in addition to the 3 they are already taking.

Unknown said...

We will be leaving our place at 4 AM the morning of the race, which is about 30 min earlier than necessary for the juniors' race but my race goes off just after 7 and I'd like to get there an hour before start time. The kids will sleep walk to the car, sleep on the drive up, and eat when we get there. Our vehicle currently has three bikes on board: Max's, Avery's, mine - so we can take one more (rider/bike needs to be at our place by 3:55 AM). Judith and Zayk may come along as well.

Please remind all the racers to have helmets, shoes, and licenses, and to make sure bikes are in good shape for race day.

Looking forward to riding hard and having fun!

Maana said...

Good luck with the race! Daniela isn't riding is she?! I'm putting you guy on my blogroll!

Kathleen said...

Ignacio,
I will have Logan and his bike go in Nelson's car.....so that allows me to take 3 bikes and 3 riders comfortably.
Thanks!