Monday, June 29, 2009

Mt. Lemmon TT Post Game Wrap Up





I really like this event. It's in our home town, just down the street, we are totally familiar with it, and the sky is up there where you are peddaling and you know exactly what you are shooting for. I enjoyed myself immensly on Sunday and am super proud of how hard everyone on the team worked. Each rider had their own specific goal and not one rider gave up on it until the end. That makes me feel real good. Thanks to Carol and Kathleen for all their support up the mountain.


We had 14 people out their representing El Grupo:



4 Coaches Myself, Alex Strickland, Zack Ellet, and Kylie Walzack

8 Youth riders and 1 old School grupo rider turned college boy

I was able to win the title of fastest on the team out of high school. I barely beat Alex and Nick who gave me everything I wanted on the hill. I was wishing most of the time that they would slow down, but of course I could not ask them, and Kramer was still ahead of us. I started with Nick, Zach, and Alex at the bottom about 45 seconds behind Kramer the last youth rider to start. And we commenced trying to catch everyone.

So Kramer went last and was the hunter chasing in order Logan, Donovan, Pablo, Conner, Ricardo.



Your Grand Champion


Look like fun to win Huh! Of course I had to make sure that he knew he did not beat my best time ever.

Kramer's winning time 1.02:42, my best time ever 57.14, seems impossible after my 1.04.02 of this weekend but hey I have excuses. But yes Max I know how you feel about those.

The girls did their own thing going up the mountain each was going for a personal best of reaching mile marker 12 the end of the race at Bear Canyon. Each one did and Julia actually beat Donovans time. They did awesome and were big smiles at the end. As they deserved.

After the mountain we went out to the only breakfast place in town that has a place in my heart. The one and only great BOBOS. Really I can get the kids to ride from here to Flagstaff and back if they know there is Bobo's at the end. It has power and I use it. So on we went.

Here we can sing songs, wistle, eat too much, have pancake buddies, really it has everything. Danny the cook is incredible and ladies running around should be sponsered by shoe companies for all the moving they do. This place is full action all food with no concern for decoration. You don't need fluff when you've got style.

Thanks Team
Great Day
Ignacio




1 comment:

Kylie said...

It was a GREAT day! Let's do it again soon! Are we still waiting for official results?