Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Crazy Weekend!!!! + Up Coming Events

Saturday April 17th—Shoot Out Old Man Style with some new guest appearances by Marcos, Nathan and Donovan. The ride starts at 6:15am and waits for nobody, so please be on time to my house. Also for all riders on the Shoot Out Old Man or Big Boy, I will be making breakfast for all at my house after the ride so, assuming that you might be hungry, I will make some food.

Sunday April 18th
5am- 8am Swap Meet Set Up

I will be setting up our area at the Bike Swap. I will again be in front of that little fenced in park next to BisonWitches, where we do the bike valet.

8am – 1pm Bike Valet

YES we are doing the bike valet again and so we will need help with this. All bike valet hours count towards GABA trips, so there is incentive. Please post what your available times are. Also I will need help at our booth selling stuff and promoting the team.



10-2pm CYCLOVIA

That’s right the great event that Daniela has been putting together for the city is on the same day. El Grupo has been asked to put on a Bike Rodeo at the park on 4th Ave. I am hoping that folks like Pablo, Julia, Kramer, Ricardo and Ashley all of whom are Bike Ambassadors can do the brunt of running this, because they can get paid. I am going to try and arrange a meeting between you all and me so we can figure that out. Wednesday night after practice at my house is one suggestion (Julia and Ashley will already be there)...does that work for others?



1pm CYCLOVIA

I am going to be leading a Kids Bicycle Parade at this time along the Cyclovia route and would like to have as many of you join me as possible. If you can that would be great. We will need to close down the bike valet at 1pm and have at least one person stay until every bike has been picked up.



April 24th Saturday

Whiskey Off Road MTB Race

Put on by Epic rides, the folks that do the 24 hour race. We will need to leave on Friday the 23rd after school and I would like to come home on Sunday. Of course there are some logistics that we have to figure out, but lets get through this weekend and go from there.
If you think that you would like to do this event then I need your waiver forms no later than Friday.
The link is here:http://epicrides.com/pdf/wor/2010_Whiskey_REGISTRATION.PDF
So please get it to me so I can get us paid and registered. I would recommend turning one in even if you are not sure if you are going to go or not. That way you have an option.


thanks
Ignacio

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a problem about wensday practice. I have aims this week so i dont get out of schol till 345so i wont be atpractice
thanks
rachel

Lizzy said...

Hey, I can be at the bike valet at 8 and just help out with whatever you need. I might come with Donovan at a crazy hour to watch what he buys so I'll be there.

Also, I will be helping with Cyclovia and taking pictures and such for a school project. I will be there to help with whatever you need. I'll be there when it opens, I'll go there straight from the bike valet.

Lizzy

Julia said...

I like to get paid, so I volunteer to be surrounded by children during Ciclovia. I'm down to spend more time at your house tomorrow to talk about it.

Pablo said...

I'll be at your house tomorrow night. What time exacaly though?

Logan said...

I think ill be getting up very early to get to the bike swap at 5am. I also plan on taking a shift at the bike valet from 10am to 1pm and then helping with the kids bicycle parade at 1pm.

I also am going to do the Whiskey Off Road.

Marcos said...

I can do a 8-10 shift for the bike valet and then stick around to help out with the bike parade at 1.

Kathleen said...

Daniela,
I'll be photographing throughout Cyclovia......if you and Kylie would like me to be at specific places at specific times, well, just give me, er, the specifics......really look forward to it! I imagine you want some of the parade.....

Ashley B. said...

well i was going to say that i could do the early shift at the bike swap, but it sounds like everyone and their mom is doing that sooooo yeah i dunno. i'll probabily show up early cause i gotta buy stuff and stick around till the little kid rodeo, cause like julia, i enjoy getting paid.

Anonymous said...

hey ignacio,
the doctors told me no bike for two weeks which is untill friday of next week:( but i will be at bicas this saterday.
-Briana

matt said...

i think im going to be hanging out down there all day pretty much so i can probably take any shifts that aren't filled already, im not 100% sure though yet.

also, my swim team started on monday so im not going to be able to make wednesday practices for a while