Thursday, April 29, 2010

Crit Champs and Salt River Canyon

Lets talk Crit champs first.

Riders: Max, Donovan, Lizzy, Nathan, Tulio, Logan, and Alex S.

Racing starts like crazy early at 7am for Tulio, Logan and Lizzy and at 7:30 for Donovan, Max, and Nathan.

So we should be there at the race with like an hour plus maybe like 1 hr 15min. 15 to sign in and 1 hr to warm and get to know the course. The racing is fast 25min for the 13-14's and 30 min for the 15 and ups. So a good warm up is going to be very important. I am going to be there bright and early with the tent set up and trainers ready. I think it would be fun if we could all meet up and hang under the same tent and warm up together, so try and find me if you can.

To make this all work Kathleen and I have discussed bringing some kids up to Phoenix on Saturday afternoon. As we have discussed so far will be Logan, Lizzy, Donovan and Nathan. I am also going to be driving up at that time, however my mother is in Phoenix and I will be spending time with her.

I am sure there will be more question, but I hope that this gets the ball rolling. Oh the kids will be staying at a friends of Katleen's house in Phoenix, and I think should be prepared to camp.

GABA Salt River Canyon Ride

I think the only two left that want or can do this ride are Kramer and Marcos. I really would like to see the two of you do this ride. I think you will love however I need to hear from you that you want to so i can help make arrangements.

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

Ignacio and Daniela, Here are the directions I got from Kenny Polley's mom for the crit location:

"It is in old town Scottsdale. So you can take I-10 to US-60 east. Then take 101 North. Get off on Indian school road and go west for 2 miles to Scottsdale road. Turn right (north) on Scottsdale road. It is just a few blocks to 5th Ave. Turn left on 5th ave and go to Craftsman. The parking they are suggesting is a City Garage at 5th Ave just before Craftsman. If you type in mapquest the intersection of E. 5th Ave & N Scottsdale Rd, you can get a map!"


The cool thing is that our friends' home is under 8 miles away and they live right off of Indian School Road. So I think I'll let the riders sleep til about 455 and we will hit the road at 515am or 520am to meet you over at the course by 540ish or so.

Nelson said...

I will have Max, Avery, and Alex - staying less than a mile from the start/finish. We will preview the course on Sat afternoon with Tulio. We will be at the start/finish area by 6:15 warming up. Safe travels. NC