Thursday, July 22, 2010

New Riders Make the Team

When I left this summer to go on vacation with Daniela and Damiano we had 5 new kids trying out the team. I had given them a practice schedule and the ultimatum to get into shape for a final test that would come on this day the 22nd of July.

This is the first time that El Grupo has had such an introductory/ acquisition of rider process so I was very intrigued to see how it would play out.

While gone the riders worked diligently with Hunter, Alex, Christian and Richard getting into shape while learning about the sport. I was able to call the coaches and some of the riders while gone a few times and I was always very pleased and excited to hear the stories of the new riders.

Coming back to see that all the great stories were true was very exciting. Also I want to make a point to thank everyone who helped in the clean up of the clubhouse. IT LOOKS FANTASTIC!!! I was also told that a ton of that work was done by the "newbies" so again THANK YOU.

So who made it what happened? Well as you know this team is about heart, effort, commitment and drive. If you have these four characteristics and you bring them to practice every day then you have a spot on this team.

So who made it?

Congratulations to D-son, Nugen, and Sam.

All received their jerseys and from today on are full blown members of this team. I was super pleased with the effort I saw them put into the ride today and am proud to have them on the team.

WELL DONE!!

3 comments:

Lizzy said...

Congratulations guys.

Lizzy

Unknown said...

good job guys!

Kathleen said...

Congratulations!!!!! Cool to have you onboard.