Sunday, December 27, 2009

Yeah still no school for a week. I hope everyone has been sleeping in and not getting too cold. Thank goodness we did not actually ride at the proposed times of last week as it was freezing in the mornings.
I was able to go out a few days, and on Christmas I had a great day in the dirt where I did not see one single person on the trail but I did see a whole family of Javelinas and they actually looked in good and beautiful health.

I want to really honor the two week break that you all have definitely earned, but also want to propose a certain number of ideas. I want to make certain that you are all proud of your recent accomplishments over these past few month, as I know I am.

I know this team takes a lot of time and commitment and I am often even asking more, so I want to thank you all for your dedication and your hard work that you put into this team. I have rarely seen any of you give anything but 100% when at practice, so thank you.

In this next week I would like to invite you all to come play on your bikes, totally optional practice ideas:

Tuesday: Mountain biking
Start time: Meet at Club House 10am

Thursday : Road ride
Start Time: 9am meet at Club House

Friday: Road Ride
Start at 9am meet at Club house

Sunday: Lizzy Choice ( its her birthday the next day)
Start time: 10 am meet at club house

I want to start practice at times when you don't have to wake up without the sun. I really don't like to so I can only imagine that most of you don't. Sorry for proposing times last week that were really not fun, and in the freezing cold.

Where are we going:

Well the mountain bike ride istotally up to where you guys want to go. So please post your wishes and when we meet the winning rides gets the go. That will be for hte MTB day.

As for the road rides, Thursday will be the traditional fixed loop. Yes I know the same one that so many of us have done a 100 times, but really it is a great little ride and I enjoy racing a lot of you on that old familiar road.

Friday is going to be one of those end of the year crazy things. I want to do 10 A Mtn repeats in recognition of the New Year. Something crazy for the New Year, this is something that we used to do on my Swim Team and so it has one of those places in my heart where Crazy things go.

Merry Christmas Everyone and hope to see some of you soon!!!

Ignacio

2 comments:

Ashley B. said...

I will definitely be mtbing. I have no preference really. If we could checking out the 24 course would be cool, if not thats totally understandble cause its like during the week.

Lizzy said...

Yeah I'm up for the 24 coarse.
-Lizzy