Monday, September 20, 2010

2010 Rider Goals


First off thanks everyone for your help at the El Tour Fun run. I was impressed to see the turn out and how on time everyone was. At 5:30am that's pretty dang good. Thanks!

Those 3 hours get us on our way to our almost free entry into El Tour. We have to do 7 more and hopefully we can work with Ben's Bell's again to make that happen.

For many of you your first goal of the session is El Tour, so I am really looking forward to us all having a great time out there.

As for the rest of the session and your time in El Grupo folks have many different goals. During the Blue Loop trip I asked all youth participants to write down their sessions goals. One so that I could understand them and try to be the best coach possible to help each rider get to where they want, and 2 so that we as teammates to the other riders could be supported and cheerleaders to those goals.

For any one rider to accomplish any of these goals it will take a whole team effort. So I am going to post them as they were given to me, anonymously, because it makes no difference from whom these goals come, our only job is to be the greatest support network possible to allow our teammates the chance at achieving their dreams.

Goals:

Ride a self Supported bike tour from Portland to Tucson
Build a wheel that I won’t immediately break
Build a bicycle that I feel confident will last

Do some cross races
Kickass with Nathan in the 17-18 age group
Do a race as a cat 4
Get faster
Become a better climber

I want to win a race
I want to go really, really, fast up any mountain
Do crazy bike race strategies with Donovan—like the Madison
109 El Tour
Mt. Graham Hill Climb
Bike to school regularly

Under 1:13 at 24 hour race
Get accepted to Ft. Lewis College
Tour de Gila

Win 24 hour race
Sub hour Mt. lemmon
Platinum El Tour
Decide what to do about state champs and stick to it/ give it my all
Have fun/ get into cross country running
Maybe join track

Complete and do well in all races as possible
Learn how to “fixie-skid” and “track stand”
Win the UofA crit
Finish the 109 El Tour
Make a champion out of Sabina and Emily
Win all the State Championships

Go up Mt. Lemmon all the way
Finish El Tour
Win a big race

Get a race title, ( 1st place)
Beat everyone to A-mountain in the Points race
Impress my team immensely
Help someone get faster
Have the best sportsmanship possible

My number 1 goal is to show Nacho, the other coaches, and the other team members that I have the commitment, capabilities, and dedication to earn El Grupo membership.
I would like to participate in a race and look like I know what I am doing ( aka not noob like)
I would like to participate in El Tour (and finish)
Pick up a water bottle
Participate in the 24 hour race
Beat Lizzy in a race


Try to guess who's is which.

Also if you have not done this, it is a good practice, so that you may understand why you are working so hard.

Thanks

Ignacio

1 comment:

Lizzy said...

That's cool. Oh and sweet new website! :)

Lizzy