Monday, March 8, 2010

TBC Info

The biggest stage race of the year in our home town is coming upon us and sure hope all of you racing are as excited as I am. I am really looking forward to a fun three days of racing, where we can really welcome folks into our home town.

Friday is the McCains Loop Time Trial. I will have affirmative start times on thursday night beacause that is when they come out. However I can tell you that the first junior rider will be leaving at 1:30 pm. So we will all be leaving some time after that. I would very much like it if we are all at the start by NOON. The start location is Old Tucson studios. The back side of the Tucson Mountains. I can bring 4 riders and five bikes to the start and get kids home. So comment if you need a ride.

Saturday is the road race and it starts down in Green Valley. Roughly around the intersection of Duval Mine road and La Canada. Racing starts crazy early at 7:15 for the juniors ages 13-16 and at 9am for the 17-18 guys and 9:35 for the cat 4 men. So I will be driving down super early for the early racing and we will need help getting the older kids down. I will then stay for the whole day of racing. This race as the one on friday are not very spectatur friendly. I will be leaving town at 6am sharp if you want one of the four seats in my car please post and let me know.

However the race on Sunday is almost as exciting as the U of A crit. Almost. We will get to see a lot of action and it is right in our backyard right out in front of Pima College west. I highly recommend coming out and watching this stage. Racing starts at 8:45 am. All racers that day will ride to the start line as warm up and all non racing El Grupo member are mandated to be there.Racers should be at the start line by no later than 8:15. We should leave the club house together at 7:30am. I hope that the non-racers go for a ride and end at the race, ready to cheer and encourage their teammates.

Milo, Tulio, Logan, Lizzy are all signed up to race the 13-14 category
Donovan is the only 15-16 year old we have
kramer, pablo, and Nathan are racing 17-18
Max and Alex Strickland are racing in the cat 4 group
Avery is racing in the 10-12 group

Please let me know if you would like a ride. I am very happy to help I just need to know who needs it. Also Mark Franklin can you drive the boys down to Greeb Valley for the second stage?

Thanks everyone,
Ignacio

5 comments:

Kathleen said...

I'm also available to transport up to 3 riders and 3 bike any/all 3 days.
245-6711

Lizzy said...

I will be needing a ride to more than likely both the road race and the time trial, so put that on your radar, wherever I can fit. :)

Lizzy

Unknown said...

sooo cityhighschool does not have school on friday =D so we do not need to be taken out of classssss

Unknown said...

i'll need a ride on saturday

Unknown said...

I will be driving the second group out to Green Valley, We will depart the clubhouse at 730am sat. (Ignacio will allready be there for the early group)
I will bring the rack instead of the trailer cause its a softer ride for the bikes.
I will be taking: Nathan, Kramer, and Pablo (room for only one more bike)
Mark Franklin