Thursday, March 25, 2010

Tumacacori Road Race

What: Tumacacori Road Race

When: March 28th Sunday

13-14 starts at 7:17 am and does 2 laps for a total of 12 miles
that is Lizzy, Logan, Matthew
15-16 starts at 7:15 am and does 3 laps for a total of 18 miles
that is Donovan
Cat 4 starts at 7 am and does 7 laps for a total of 42 miles
that is Max and Alex
17-18 starts at 10:12 am and does 7 laps for a total of 42 miles
that is Marcos, Kramer, Pablo

Where: Rio Rico, Az
Directions to Tumacacori: From Tucson take I-19 South to exit 17. Proceed east (left) on Rio Rico Blvd to Pendleton. Turn
North (right) proceed 7 miles to Start/Finish….If the road turns to dirt you have gone to far. Turn back ¾ mile to S/F.

Why: Because it is my favorite race of the year. Super hard with plenty of climbing. Really one of the few races where the strongest person usually does win.

The drive takes about an hour so many of us will have to leave very early to get there with time to warm up and sign in. In fact the early group has to be signed in by 6:30am. That means we NEED TO LEAVE TUCSON BY 5AM SHARP. Yes I know crazy early but that is what it is. Between Nelson and I, I think we have plenty of space. However the question comes in, How do we get the later group of three down? Marcos junior can you drive down?

I am going to stay of course for the whole event and will be at the feed zone. Meaning I will be handing out water bottles and food to all of you racers, very excitedly of course.

Please plan on it being cold in the morning. It is a bit higher in elevation where we are going so please dress accordingly. Also bring a change of clothes so you are comfortable watching the later racers. You should bring a back pack with a change of clothes and some snacks for your cheering energy. We should arrive back in town around 3pm-ish.

REMEMBER: helmet, team jersey, waiver form, gloves, 2 water bottles, arm warmers, change of clothes, snacks

Please make sure who ever you are planning to ride with knows that you are planning such. SO PLEASE POST SO THAT I KNOW HOW YOU ARE PLANNING ON GETTING DOWN THERE AND I CAN MAKE ARRANGEMENTS.

PS Matt if you want to come please remember to bring your license and a copy for me.

pps Kathleen- as for a wheel car we have not been asked yet and so I am not planning on it. I suppose I will be prepared but I would really rather be at the feed zone.
thanks
ignacio

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

soo i need a ride (kramer)

Kathleen said...

I am also available for transporting and/or we can most likely get in with Nelson....will we need wheel support vehicle...hint, hint....?

Unknown said...

i do need a ride but i'm at your house this evening coach

Kathleen said...

Ignacio...Nelson will be leaving after his and Max's race so they won't be there for the later race. I'm happy to drive if need be...please let me know.