Tuesday, August 17, 2010

El Grupo Rider Contract

Please read, review, and give me feedback. If you read this please let me know and comment so as to give me feedback.

Thanks.

El Grupo Rider Contract

I ______________ am excited and honored to have been selected to be a part of the El Grupo Youth Cycling Team. I recognize this as a great opportunity and will do my best to respect it.

Respecting the team and my teammates means that I have many responsibilities such as:

- Keeping my bicycle in proper working condition with the help of my teammates and coaches.

- Making this a priority in my life and showing up to practices on time and ready. I also recognize that if I have more than 2 unexcused absences in a month I forfeit my chance to ride in the “big” upcoming event.

- If I am part of another team, like a high school team, or have other commitments, I commit myself to making a practice schedule with the coaches that seems fair to all.

- If I miss practice I will be sure to call the coaches and let them know why. If I do not call on the day that practice was missed I understand that this will be counted as unexcused. I will do this because I know that the coaches put in a lot of work to make this team great and I will respect that by participating with the same intensity.

- Always wearing my helmet, NO MATTER WHAT, when I am riding a bike around town. I will do this because being a part of this team means that I am a respected young person in this town that will be recognizable to the bicycle public and it is very important to portray respect to the team via this small responsibility. I also recognize that if I am seen not wearing my helmet I forfeit my chance to ride in the “big” event---- NO QUESTIONS AKED!!!

- Coming to practice ready to work hard, never to complain, willing to push myself to a limit that I do not know exists.

- Committing to help the team with its outreach mission.

- Always showing up to practice with my medical emergency card, spare tube, lights, gloves, and water bottles for every ride.

- Following all clubhouse rules as determined by my fellow teammates.

- Reading the blog at least every other day because I know this is how my coaches disseminate a lot of information that I need to know.

- Ensuring that school is the number 1 priority in my life and working as hard in school as I do on the bike.

- I am super excited by this opportunity and accept it as an honor. I will do my best to adhere to this contract and whenever in difficulty I will consult my coaches for help.

14 comments:

Cathy Franklin said...

Sounds good to me.

Lizzy said...

Looks good, Coach.

Lizzy

Anonymous said...

you forgot the "s" in asked....

"NO QUESTIONS AKED!!!"

Kira said...

What is the best number to call for an absence?
Kira

Julia said...

Dang, someone else got the typo before me.

Otherwise, looks solid.

Kathleen said...

Looks fantastic.
How about an addition that is something in effect..."being supportive and encouraging to fellow teammates...helping teammates be their best" or some such.....

Lizzy said...

I agree with Kathleen, that sounds like a great idea. Although, we don't really need to be told that, as a team, we do a pretty good job of encouraging anyway.

Lizzy

Marcos said...

you forgot the part about CHEESING OUT!!

otherwise its fine.

Logan said...

this looks good.

Max said...

no, we won't ake any questions

Max said...

Awe man, someone else got the typo first

Max said...

urghh, Julia said that too

Anonymous said...

sounds good

tyler

Emily said...

hey, sorry this is so late, but I read this again and I'm finally commenting. I think it sounds really good.

~Emily