Friday, August 6, 2010

Southwest BMX Champs





The D's and I went to the TCC to check out the action tonight and we were totally entertained. The races take about a minute each and they are action packed. They are super fast crit races on dirt. We watched kids as young as 4, girls and boys, up to the 13 year old's race tonight. The skill level and action was very high.

Daniela commented at one point though this is a world we know, just from another planet. It was kids racing bikes, but totally different.

I of course was interested in the gear and it was just like our world. Carbon FSA cranks, I saw a kid with XTR cranks, Paul V-brakes, the 4 year old's had clip less pedals. CRAZY!!!! However it was nice to see that their "kits" were even uglier than ours.

Tomorrow the racing starts early and goes until about 5pm. I would get there around 3pm to see some good action. I might go at 3pm and then head to the Barrio jumps once it cools down.

Go out and enjoy the show.

No comments: